Tuesday 4 November 2014

DIY│Pedicure

Welcome to That Weird Girl Next Door


Hey my lovelies! 
As I was travelling through Rajasthan, my skin had to bare the extensive heat, sand granules that had fraternized with the wind and dissimilar weather. Travelling is great and I loved every part of it, from street food to binge shopping but there were many more things besides. Result? Tanning, break out with a zit here and there, and dehydration. And if that was not all in it self, my feet has a horrendous dark color with skin chipping around the pads of my toes and heels, and the sole is on the verge of cracking.
Today, I would be talking about an easy DIY home pedicure (because Lord knows I cannot afford a salon treatment until I receive my next paycheck) which is very affordable, easy and topping everything else, beneficial.

You will need the following things:
  1. Nail polish remover
  2. A tub or basin (to soak your feet) and lukewarm water
  3. Salt 
  4. Lemon or lemon essence. You can add rose petals to the water as well if you wish to do but there is no compulsion 
  5. pumice stone/foot file
  6. Scrub
  7. Nail file (if your nails need to be shaped)
  8. Nail cutter (if you can't use a nail pile like me)
  9. Clear polish and nail polish
  10. Cotton balls (if you are messy or just in case...you'll need these anyway)
  11. foot cream or olive oil (oils work best, most people don't know this)
Now that we have everything, so...let's start!

  • If you already have nail polish on my toes, then gently take it off using nail polish remover and cotton ball. Now, take a tub and fill it to a level with lukewarm water. A lot of people (including salons) fill their pedicure water tub with bubble soap or shampoo but I personally do not prefer it or recommend it because in the end that is chemical as well. Add salt and lemon slices to your water as it naturally scrubs of your feet and softens it. 
Dip your feet in the water and resume scrolling through your Facebook/Twitter/Instagram posts or whatever that you were (no, you cannot walk to the kitchen and have a cookie...just yet). Let your feet soak in for at least 5 to 10 minutes. Okay fine, go turn on the TV first.

  • Now that you have soaked enough, one by one take out your feet from the water and scrape off the dead skin with
    the pumice stone/foot file starting with your heels then making its way to the pads of your toes to the front of your feet. This is a great was to treat the cracked heel (no kidding)! After this, take some scrub in your hand and scrub gently your feet with it. You can use your favorite scrub for this, but I would like to recommend Oriflame's footcare scrubs that come in the range (I use raspberry). They are affordable at 299 INR for 75ml. It works smoothly and has a very sweet aroma. It will make your feet soft and remove any dead cell that the pumice stone might have missed.
I have shifted to WordPress, to read the rest click here.


Cheers xx

-a

PICTURE COURTESY: INTERNET     

1 comment:

  1. i will have to treat myself to a pedicure and follow these tips,

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete