Wednesday 5 November 2014

This Month's Recommendation!

Welcome to That Weird Girl Next Door


Hello my lovelies! I have decided that in the beginning of every month I would give you my take on the product that I wish recommend. Since I was travelling and returned from my trip a day before, I think I am forgiven for posting this on the 5th, right? It is just the beginning of the month anyway. 
Alright, so by the end of the month (somewhere on 20th October) I bought the Lotus Herbals White Glow Day and Night pack that comes with a day cream, a night pack and a facial foam wash. My boss recommended the night cream to me saying it did wonders to his skin, and there was no kidding because it was showing. I was so motivated that I went to the store a day after and bought a whole pack (note: it is on a special offer so maybe you want to buy it before they sold old). My fingers were itching to write this post just a day after but I refrained myself from doing so and said that I would use this product for at least 10 days before jumping onto a conclusion. So...let's us! 

I going to first talk about the packaging. It was beautifully done and the creams were orderly placed in an impressive packing. It was very handy and light-weight and you can easily carry it. Also, it comes wrapped in a thin plastic sheet and I could not help but think what a wonderful gift it would make. Both these bottles come in a cute silver tub like small bottles and the foam face wash comes in your regular plastic tube with a silver flip cap to match with them theme of the bottles. This is actually a pretty combination and is now gracing my makeup box.

I have already told you that it contains two creams and a foam wash. I will talk about the night cream first because it is my 
favorite and the first product I used (I bought this pack in the evening). The night cream is a miracle in its own little way and the number one reason why it is what I will pick over my brother (sorry Ayush!) is that it makes my skin a. soft and b. bouncy. It is very light weight and non greasy. It moisturizes the skin really well. However, I did not feel my skin tone getting any lighter (but I hadn't bought it as a fairness enhancer anyway), so all those who though it would make your tone light, sorry but it would not. It would not lighten any marks as well; in simple words it is the best night cream that hydrates and softens your skin. Also, I used to have a ton of tiny blackheads on my nose, however, now two days after using this I can bet you wouldn’t be able to spot any (unless you are using a magnifying glass...or looking way too closely). It comes in a 60g bottle and would last longer than a month. It would individually cost you 375 INR. 


The next is the day cream that comes in this day and night pack. This is a gel based cream that smoothly glides and is easily absorbed by the skin. It is a very light cream that would not lead to any breakout (I swear, take my word). So me, being such an oily skin myself use this and am smiling with a happy face. It is perfect to put on before going to the office or college; it has an amazing, mild aroma to it that is the specialty of Lotus Herbals. Now every teenage girl out there who thought creams were not her thing, hey, this is for you! What is more to it is that it comes with SPF 25 and is for all skin type. It makes skin soft and subtle and you will instantly feel it. When you put this, your pores would not feel clogged nor will your face feel heavy or like you have put on a cream at all. Do not think that it would radiate or make your skin glow because it would not. This is however is a must have and is better than using cold creams in winters that make the skin excessively oily. This also comes in 60g bottle and would individually cost you 325 INR.


The last product is the facial foam wash. This is too good to come that cheap and was a treat in this pack. It comes with a strong flip cap so you do not have to worry if it will leak out and stain your pouch (most of the facewashes do). It is a little runny though so do not squeeze this using force. It lathers well and I advice using it with cold to lukewarm water. It instantly brightens the skin after using it and does not leave your skin dry. As claimed, it deep cleans your face without turning your skin dry (like I said before) or stretchy. This, like the creams, has a beautiful aroma that I absolutely love. It is also very light on the pocket costing 120 INR for 50g which is the standard (only!) size that this foam wash is available in and comes in a nice, travel friendly package. It says on the pack that it reduces melanin production which is the prime reason of pigmentation however it is only half true. This is mild on skin so if you had light pigmentation, this would work. 

Overall, this is a good foam wash.

These these products are my favorites and I will definitely buy them again once it runs out. I hope you enjoyed this post.

Pros:
  • These three are the best products, especially for teens (I am talking about 17+ girls)
  • The foam wash gives you instant brightening and does not make skin stretchy. In fact, softens skin
  • Both the creams are 60g so it would last more than a month (single user)
  • The products together are very cost effective
  • All the three products have a beautiful, mild aroma
Cons:
  • The day and night creams are not at all travel friendly, in fact they are very heavy
  • The flip cap of the foam face wash is too tight and you have to open it carefully. Also, do not squeeze it too hard otherwise it will squirt all over your hands (And it is heart wrenching) 
  • They contain parabens 
These these products are my favorites and I will definitely buy them again once it runs out. I hope you enjoyed this post.

Cheers xx
-a

note: I have an oily skin and so I have reviewed this product accordingly. I do not guarantee that this product would work on you if you have normal to dry skin (though it hopefully might).

No comments:

Post a Comment