Thursday 20 November 2014

Blast From The Past│Throwback Haul

Welcome to That Weird Girl Next Door

Hi my lovelies! 
Yesterday when I was cleaning out my closet (and listening to Eminem), I found out my old makeup bag that I was not really too glad to see. Back in 2010 when I had got it, it was all perfect with my favorite lyrics and quotes written on top of it with colorful markers and displaying my perfect teenage-ish self (not that I am not a teenager now). It was only when I looked inside for its contents that I had my eyes balling out in such joy for finding all my beauty stuff from the days back, finding my Atlantis I like to call it. Ah, such memories!
Since throwback Thursday is already too hit to be true, I thought I should dedicate a post to it (and my stuff). This has really excited me and now it is here on the Internet for people to read. Wow. So…let’s start!

Makeup brushes 


I was in a trade fair when I came across these brushes and the only reason I bought them was because I could not get over how beautiful their handle was. I did not have any makeup accessory (except for my lash curler, liner, nail art gear and a few lip balms) so I did not really use them. I dredge up how my father once thought that the lash and brow brush could be a perfect mustache groomer and I thought maybe that is what it was, though I did not let him take it. My makeup brushes came as cheap as 40 INR (I do not clearly remember) and were a set of five but I am only left with four now. The quality of the brushes is really bad and the handle is made of plastic so these are not really applicable or durable, but they still make good memoirs.


Green Liner XXL stick


Back in the good ol’ days this was the only liner stick available in my town that came in colorful variations and for 20 INR each. I remember having this in four colors, one green (that I evidently did not use) and one blue (that evidently finished before its time), one white (which just lost before time) and a golden (I don’t remember its story). I used to apply the blue one to school with highlighting the area near my tears ducts a tad with the white liner. The green one is actually not used much and I do not know if it is healthy enough to use it now. However, I did apply it on my eye lids (the daring rascal that I am) and I just realized that it is as easy to remove it as it is to apply, that is with a single stroke.

Eyelash Curler

I recollect how back when I got this in 2010, I did not even know how to use and was too afraid to take this anywhere near my eyes. So basically I used this as a torture device to pinch my brother’s skin (what? Don’t judge me!). When I learned how to use it and was comfortable enough to curl my lashes, I would flaunt how I can do this without looking in the mirror in front of my cousins and they thought I was just too daring. Soon after that I was bullying everyone to sit down so I could curl their lash, my brother even. I got this beauty for as less as 50 INR back then and it came with two extra buds. I am so glad that I found it because I was about to buy a new one. This one saved me!


Nail Art Kit


This is the last thing that came out when I had dug my hand in. I do not have the whole kit anymore but this is what I got from my bag. I remember that this is what a friend had bought me on our day out when he was insisting on watching a movie and I was insisting on being in a cosmetic store (I was just as charming as ever!). This nail art gear still has most of the confetti like items in it because clearly I was not such a nail art fangirl back then. I will hopefully start using it now or (maybe) stock this back again to find it ten years later and write a post on why I am such a nostalgic freak. I do not remember how much this was for but the whole package came with ten fake nails, a glue bottle (that actually did not function) and an application stick.




Alright, this is all I have for today and I hope you all enjoyed it.

Cheers xx
-a



No comments:

Post a Comment