Saturday 8 November 2014

GUEST BLOG│JERRYCHOWHAIR

Welcome to That Weird Girl Next Door

Hello my lovelies! I had been looking everywhere for home treatments for hair (because frankly my hair are nightmare) and so I got an opportunity (coincidence much? I don't think so!) and came across the amazing Jerry Chow who is a hair expert. I was not believing my luck much but we had an conversation and my hyperactive self settled down (a little). Jerry is Hong Kong based hairstylist with absolute magic in his hand. He is such an amazing person to be around!
Jerry Chow
Jerry says, "Every person has different hair and they have different needs. I love to style people's hair, it is like a little hobby of mine that has got as far as to paying my bills (laughing)." With my journalist skills (not bragging or anything) and the five minutes I got to have a chat with him, I extracted hair tips for revitalizing dry lifeless hair and it is super easy and affordable, and includes eggs.
So...let's start!



THE EGG TREATMENT

Hair type and egg:


  • For normal hair, use an entire egg to condition hair
  • For oily hair, use egg whites only
  • For dry and brittle hair, use egg yolks
Usage:
Use 1/2 cup of whichever egg mixture is appropriate for you and apply to clean, damp hair. If there isn't enough egg to coat the scalp and hair, use more as per your hair volume. Leave on for twenty minutes, rinse with cool water (to prevent egg from 'cooking') and shampoo hair. Whole egg and yolks-only treatment can be applied every two weeks.


Home Beauty Experts Swear by Avocado

The avocado oil is a very light one and is very much like our own natural skin's secretion. It not only repairs the damaged hair but also boasts proteins and nutrients the best combination of nutrients for soothing and weighing down unruly hair.

To use:
Mash up half an avocado and massage into clean and damp hair. Let sit for 15 minutes before rising the water. Amp up moisturizing power by combining mashed avocado with 1 to 2 tbsp of a hydrating ingredient, like sour cream, egg yolks or mayonnaise. Treatment can be applied every two weeks.

Jerry's Happy Place!
These are the tips that Jerry gives and I know these work because I have tried them myself. You can e-mail Jerry at shunleung118@gmail.com if you have any hair related query and he would get back to you by the end of the week.

This is all for today and I hope you enjoyed these tips and that these were of any help to you.




Cheers xx
-a

PHOTO COURTESY: JERRY CHOW 

No comments:

Post a Comment