Tuesday 28 October 2014

TRAVEL KIT ESSENTIAL

Welcome to That Weird Girl Next Door

Hello my lovelies! 
I am leaving tomorrow for Rajasthan and would travelling for five extensive days *excited grin* and so as much as I am packing my clothes and other accessories, I am packing up my make up kit as well and narrowing the products to as minimum as possible. As one of you recently asked me to tell you how to look pretty in as less makeup as possible, I hope this post helps (though it does not answer your question straight).
I have kept my products to bare minimum (and I pray to not end up as a desperate in a cosmetic store there) because I know I won’t have time to cover my skin with foundations and concealers and bronzers in my hotel room. Also, here is one thing I would like to say to everyone who reads my blog: please, please, please use as less makeup as possible and keep your diet balanced for a healthy skin because at the end of the day, makeup only covers your flaw and does not make your skin flawless no matter how organic it is; have more fruits, water and veggies to keep your skin and body healthy. Okay, enough mum-like-lecture and back to the post, so…let’s start!
Moisturizer
The concealer, blush, mascara, lipstick, etc. is on one side and moisturizer on its own is on one side. If you are travelling, then forget everything and keep this. This is the first thing I kept in my kit. Since the season is dry, I am using Vaseline coco glow. If it is hot where you live or are travelling, I recommend the aloe moisturizer by Vaseline. The main reason to buy Vaseline more than the fact that my mum use to forcefully apply it on me when I was young, is that I like it myself now. I have always hated those sticky cold creams and moisturizers because I have oily skin and Vaseline has suited best on me. Plus, it smells delicious.
  • Lip Balm
If you are travelling, keep this because it is a necessity! I am currently using the Maybelline antioxidant berry flavor and it is the best lip balm out there in the market (Yes, I also mean this particular piece because I have tried every other in the range and this works the best). It hydrates your chapped lips, gives them a nude model like glow and makes your lips look great. I have this quite some time now and this is considerably cheap and gives a lot to your lips in return. Also, it tastes delicious.
  •  Tissues and Facial wet wipes
You stop at a restaurant to have a brunch. The food is good, the ambiance is A+ and then you go to the wash room and wash your hand and you realize there is no towel (and we all know the story of hand blower). So what do you do? You take out the tissue and wipe your hand and everything is good. However you suddenly realize this water is stored for more than six month in that big tank you noticed in disgust while entering, so you do not splash that water on your face, instead you use the wet wipe. Oh God, I am a problem solver.
If you are travelling in India (or anywhere), then you know this is a must have. They are come in handy every time and are very cheap.
  • Concealer
Concealers are basically life savers and they give you great coverage. I am taking my Colorbar Full Cover concealer this time and I did a review on concealers so you can read that by clicking here to select a one you fancy and order online from sites that I have provided a link of.
  • Blush and powder brush

I am in love with the Maybelline cheeky blush, firstly because if it’s super cute round packaging, secondly because it very handy and light weight and thirdly because it is my soul mate now and we are sort of undividable. I do not know if I would get time to use but I just cannot bear to separate my soul from it (and just in case I do get time or find a cute someone round the block. You never know!) This blush is really light and blends perfectly with your cheeks. It comes in various shades but I am using the Peachy Sweety (it is best on my complexion). I mean, let’s just say I love it.

I have shifted to Wordpress, click here to read.


Cheers xx

-a

No comments:

Post a Comment