Tuesday 11 November 2014

Interview│Loulocket.com

Welcome to That Weird Girl Next Door

Hi my lovelies! Almost four weeks back I came across Lucy Varley, the amazing blogger and feature writer from London. She left a real sweet message on my Facebook after she read the guest blog by Caroline Burke on my blog. After doing my little happy dance and trying my best to be sober, I replied her with all the professionalism that I could muster and told her how wonder a thing would it be if I could take a little interview of hers. And so this happened!
Lucy started blogging almost a year back and goes by the name loulocket on the Internet. She is very sweet and equally beautiful. The thing that I admire about her the most is that she knows what she wants and is charging with full speed ahead to achieve it. This is the interview that took over through our exchange of emails and I am just too excited to share it. So...let's start!

AP: What instigated loulocket.com?
Lucy Varley: I have always loved to write; even when I was a little girl I could be found writing poetry and short stories when I got home from school. I have known in my heart for as long as I can remember that it was my dream to exercise my passion for writing as a career. I just wasn’t entirely sure what kind of writing career I wanted to pursue. At one time, I was sure that I was going to be an Author. I would write whole chapters of stories before giving up on them. Then I thought I wanted to write scripts, but nothing ever translated to paper as catchy or as enchanting as it sounded in my head. One day, I read something in a magazine that sparked interest in me, and I took to my diary to write about it. Thus, my first feature was born! I had no idea what I was doing at the time, but I guess that’s how I finally discovered my path!
Last year, I decided that I wanted to create an online platform to which I could upload each and every piece of writing that I created; from features and blog posts to my Instagram diary, which has become a regular feature! Of course, an important factor to consider when designing a blog or a website is the name of it; something catchy, but personal too. When I was younger, my Grandma and my Nana always called me Lucy Locket. It certainly stuck with me, and since my Nana is no longer with me, I thought it was a wonderful way for me to hold onto a memory so cherished!

AP: Your page has a charm of its own and frankly it got me hooked to an extent that I cannot count on fingers how many times I have reread your previous post. I especially love your Zazzy one. How was it for you as an interviewer? 
LV: I am so pleased to hear that you find my blog charming! That’s so lovely to hear, so thank you! I was struck by how unique Zazzy was, and how they hope to spark and encourage creativity in people. I think the world is over-saturated by people following the crowd, too scared to be unique and individual. Zazzy allow their customers to discover a creativity they may have never known they had. They can express themselves in a way that they have never been able to before, and using the ‘Wordplay’ editor, they can quite literally wear their heart on their sleeve. I think it’s a wonderful business. Niamh was so lovely to speak to! She is so clearly passionate about Zazzy, and that certainly translated during our interview. As an interviewer, it was fantastic for me to learn more about such a unique and personable business!

AP: For me, you are already a celebrity. What is your mantra?
 LV: I certainly don’t consider myself to be a celebrity! I am just a teeny tiny girl living one day at a time and trying to break into a flourishing career in a wonderful and colorful city. I don’t think I have one specific mantra, but I try my best to live my life following a set of rules to keep me centered and focused.
  •  Always strive to be the best you, you can be
  • Never let any other individual dictate your abilities, you can achieve anything you dream of if you’re armed with the right passion, dedication and determination
  • Never give up. Even when things seem hopeless, when life beats you down and you somehow convince yourself that you’re no good. Keep doing what you’re doing, because if it’s something you love you can never go far wrong
  • If you put your heart, soul and mind into everything you do, you will achieve greatness
  • Those who appear to care the most about your success can often be the ones most pleased by your failure. Surround yourself with love, with friends and family and others you can trust to embrace your happiness and thrive on it.

 AP: A lot of people are now fascinated by bloggers and want to be one. What is your message for them?
 LV: It can be so easy to feel like you have to follow the crowd and imitate other successful blogs in order to make your own successful. But, that’s never the case in the world of blogging. Those unique, individual blogs that stand out because they’re different are always those that are most successful. My message is to embrace your creativity, be true to who you are and to let your blog reflect who you are as a person. Be loved for who you are and not for whom you’re not!

AP: Since I include tips, do you have any for a quick makeup fix?
LV: I sure do!

I have shifted to Wordpress, click here to read more.


Cheers xx
-a




No comments:

Post a Comment