Thursday 6 November 2014

TRAVEL LOG│HAUL SHOPPING

Welcome to That Weird Girl Next Door


Hello my lovelies! I came back from my trip and after relaxing way too long I think I have my peace of mind and can finally write this post calmly (just kidding, I am hyperactively jumping on my seat with excitement right now).  This is my happy place and I missed it while I was out and my God, even the camels now know how many times I whined that there is no cyber café here and that this place needs to have an internet zone more than tourists. But that was that…I won’t say a word extra now.
When I was going through the shopping bags, I was (happily) surprised when I saw that I had done a lot of haul shopping even though I vowed before leaving home that I would not spend a dime on anything useless…but oh well, these things now a part of my life. Since I bought a bunch of things, I am going to cut the crap and directly talk about them. So…let’s start!

Claire’s Makeup brushes
I was dying to have a better set of makeup brush for a while now. I previously ordered Bonjour Paris brushes online and I was disappointed by what I got so I thought it was better if I wait than again buy online and be disheartened for paying for hard bristles in the name of makeup brushes. I found Claire’s makeup brushes in the mall and I was beyond happy when I saw them *squeals excitedly*. They have soft bristles that make applying makeup really easy. The set comes with five brushes that are powder/blush brush, foundation brush, shadow brush, liner brush and an eyebrow brush (you can read about the types of makeup brushes here). The powder brush is my favorite so far and I use it regularly. I also love the liner brush because it makes the application super smooth. These brushes are what I would definitely take with me the next time I travel because they come in a transparent pouch that can easily be sealed and is handy.
The set comes in a range of 550 INR.




Nail Paints
I think I am total a sucker for nail paints that I always splash on them like crazy. I found nice neon colors (no, they do not glow at night) and I could not control myself from buying them. All these colors have become my favorite. They are by Color Effect and come as cheap as 20 INR a bottle (Talk about cheap, eh? You can read Cheap Nail Polish Love here). Out of these four colors only one had the color code sticker (sadly!) which is the brown shade and comes in code 104. The rest are a neon green, a neon orange and a silvery grey shade. They flow like liquid so it is easy to apply them and after two coats you have a perfect shade. They stick for a pretty long while and do not chip off. I love all the four and now sitting here as I write I wish I could have bought more of them. They bottles, even though they are cheap, make me feel good every time I look at them.





Nail Polish Remover

This is what I think the Universe brought to me because the other day I was thinking of having this particular nail polish remover and now it is on my dressing table. I do not know the particular name for this but I can only explain you what I see (sorry!). This comes in a transparent plastic bottle with a screw cap; it has sponge that is soaked by nail polish remover. All you have to do is insert your finger in it and circle it left and right, and voila! Your nail polish is gone! This consumes less than no time and the plus time is that you can save all your cotton buds for your tonner because this one does not need it. What I really loved is that you don't have to continuously rub your nails with thinner and still cry when the polish near the cuticle just won't go...it actually wipes the polish all at once. It is manufactured by 7 heaven and  I have this in green apple fragrance but it comes in two more fragrances for you to choose from. This bottle would cost you 100 INR.




Hilray Rhoda Eyeshadow Palette 

This palette has officially become my favorite. It is very light weight and pretty. I know this is a cheap comparison but when I saw the colors I could not help but think that this was very much similar to the Urban Decay Eyeshadow palette. The colors have a little shimmer in them and blend really well. The package comes with two good quality applicator sticks which I think is really thoughtful of them. The Hilray Rhoda eyeshadow palette comes is code 1 and code 2 and 12 shades. I have code 2 palette and the colors that come in it are (from left) brown (the one I use the most), turquoise, pink, golden (this gives the perfect nude look), green, dark green, sandy, red, baby pink, purple, tomato red and grey (sort of). All the colors are good for daily use as well. But if only this palette had a black for the khol effect! Nonetheless, for as less 300 INR this palette is a like elixir to thirsty. I am surprised how such a good product is available in throwaway prices.



Lipstick

Okay, this is like the ultimate thing and I just love myself for buying these two shades. The first is the Steel Paris pink lip crayon. It is gorgeous, not exactly matte and not exactly gloss. It moisturizes the lips and stays for a while and gives you a beautiful pink shade that would very well go with a simple college look. It does not stay much longer and that is they only con it has. The second is the A.D.S color cosmetics lipstick in red shade and every time I look at it, it reminds me of the 90's lipsticks. This one has a capacity of staying a good two hours. One coat and you have cherry red lip.
The Steel Paris lip crayon comes in the range of 100 INR whereas the A.D.S color lipstick costs 70 INR (real value for money, eh?)



This is all for today, I hope you enjoyed this post.



Cheers xx

-a

2 comments: