Monday 17 November 2014

5 Best Things To Use This Winter!

Welcome to That Weird Girl Next Door

Hello my lovelies! Recently a friend of mine said how winter is a crisis where it is a struggle to keep your skin healthy, or even precise, healthily attached on your body. Actually! Winter brings dryness that sucks the moisture and makes the skin stretchy and gives it an aging appeal. Being a city girl where everyday you have to get out of the house to go to school/college, work or even grocery store, your skin has to battle with the weather outside. Today I am going to talk about my pick on the best products that lubricates the skin healthily. 
I have experimented so much that I feel so wise righting this. So...let's start!

Cream (malai)
No, I am not teaching you to cook anything, chill (I know its chilly already)! With cream I mean the thin layer that forms on the surface of milk (thus, malai). Take a small amount of cream on your palm and apply it on your face with your fingertips. This is the natural remedy and is very beneficial if you regularly apply this. It will soften, heal and make your skin glow naturally. Since it is winters every skin type can you this (I, being oily skinned, use it). Use this at night before going to bed and see the magic when you wake in the morning.

Glycerin and Lemon Extracts

I feel like I am the epitome of home remedies (not bragging or anything). Glycerin is sweet in taste and moisturizes skin perfectly; not only that, it has a property of attracting moisture (win-win!). The combination of Glycerin and lemon extract is too good for the skin and if you did not know this yet, bless you! I would recommend that you make this at home, using fresh lemon and up-to-date Glycerin liquid (the skeptic in me is rising). Keep the ratio 1:2; Glycerin always more than the lemon extract. Again, apply this before going to bed as it is a bit sticky and is not best if you go out using it. It will attract all the dust to your face, so no, don't apply this at day. 

Vaseline
I have been a Vaseline fan for a quite a while now and I love how this moisturizes the skin leaving a mild scent and no sticky feeling. It is great for any season and comes in various fragrances and for winters I would recommend the Coco glow that has such a delicious chocolaty smell. I love how it just dissolves with my skin, especially my face (note: my face generally does not allow lotions to blend with face. Reason: too oily to exist). It comes in the price range of 165 INR for 300ml.

I have shifted to Wordpress, click here to continue reading.

Cheers xx
-a

No comments:

Post a Comment