Thursday 13 November 2014

LOW MAINTENANCE DAILY MAKEUP

Welcome to That Weird Girl Next Door

Hiya my lovelies! I have days where I would look at the makeup product and say 'Oh My Gosh! Why is this brand so expensive? I am just a human' to days where I would look at another one and be like 'Oh MY Gosh! How is this brand so cheap? Is it even for humans?' and I know I am not the only one when one of you messaged me on my Facebook Page saying the this is literally the story of your life. Well, this is mine as well. And so an idea hit me and I decided to write a low maintenance makeup routine, especially for college going girls.
I will go step by step so you can actually do it while you are reading. Just a quick note: I am not an expert and I am sharing this because it worked on my skin and would (hopefully) work for you too. So...let's start!

  • Concealer
Okay, so this is the first step. A good concealer always give you better coverage by hiding your blemishes, any facial mark whatsoever and stays for a longer duration. If you have a healthy skin that you should skip this step, but if you want an even toned and primed skin start by applying the concealer. I would recommend the Colorbar or Nyx concealer for they are both great at giving a better coverage for longer duration. I did a review on Colorbar that you can read here and wrote about Nyx recently that you can read here.
These both are very light on the pocket too, coming in the range of 400(+) each.

  • Lip Balm
I am a Maybelline girl and I particularly love the Baby Lips anti-oxidant berry and would highly recommend it to every one, be it a girl or a boy. This moisturizes lips best, leaving a subtly flavor and beautiful nude lips. This is also the best winter remedy for chapped lips; also, if you are to apply a lipstick, this is best to be used as a base. It comes in the price range of 135 INR.
note: If you do not wish to use a lipbalm, you can use Vaseline as well.  

  • Eyeliner
The Maybelline Hypersharp Liner is the best out there in the range and I would suggest this every girl. It is 0.5g that comes in a pen like tip that makes the application easy and precise. You can wing your eyes or apply a thin line according to your taste and this liner would make your job too easy and you would love.The only thing is that it is not too pigmented and so you would have to apply twice to get a strong, dark color. This comes in the price range of 425 INR.

  • Blush
There are a lot of blushes out there in the market and this is the that you will choose according to your skin color and preference. The lowest is of Maybelline (yes, I know I mention this brand a lot.) Cheeky Glow blush that come in a range of 250 INR and is the best if you do not want to spend too much on a blush. There are other brands as well like Rimmel London that comes in a range between 450-500 INR.

  • Lipstick
 I am really loving lipstick collection of Lotus, they are cheap, lost lasting and matte (just how I like mine to be). It is best to apply lipbalm before using a lipstick as it is best to set it. It comes in a range of 245 INR (the same as Colourbar USA). You can go for an Elle 18 one as well as a cheaper alternative but those lips are not as good as Lotus. Another company to use for lipsticks can be Streetwear. You have a wide range to choose from!

  • Mascara

For a while I have been using Lakme` Eyeconic that comes in a range of 300 INR and is a really good one. However I would like to recommend the Rimmel Extra Super Lash Curved Brush Mascara that comes in a range of 250 INR which is again a great product for such a less amount. It has a good wand that makes application smooth and your lashes longer and voluminous. 

Alright, this is all for today. You can add other things like eyeshadow, or bronzer, or foundation, but I think the simple, the better. I hope this helped you.

Cheers xx
-a

PICTURE COURTESY: INTERNET







No comments:

Post a Comment